The Tools You Need to Run a GREAT Business & Then Some…
I thought that it would be good to put together a list of GREAT business products and resources for you. Think of it as a tool box you can come to as you continue to build your business. I have used all of these products, either for myself or for some of my clients, and have been extremely pleased. Some of them have been highly recommended by entrepreneurs that I trust. Otherwise, I would not recommend them. Remember to check back often since I will continue to add new products or services as I discover them. I hope they benefit you as much as they have benefited me!
Website & Blogging Tools
- BlueHost: BlueHost rocks! This is where I host most of my websites & blogs. They have great prices, amazing customer service and they provide a one-click installation of WordPress for your site. You can even register your domain name with them, making the entire process a piece of cake. They also let you expand easily with unlimited add-on domains depending on the package you choose.
- Thesis Theme: The Thesis Theme is probably one of the most customizable WordPress themes out there and is the basis for some of the best blogs and websites on the internet. This site uses the Thesis theme as its base and has been customized by my friend John @ Groupmind Media. If your site will be an important part of what you do, Thesis is the way to go.
AWESOME Business Tools
- Virtual Staff Finder: Chris Ducker’s Virtual Staff Finder is the place to go to when looking to hire your virtual assistants. His staff helped to screen hundreds of qualified candidates for me , gave them profile tests and gave me the top 3 to interview and choose from. One of the best services I’ve ever used.
- Elance: This is where I go to for help. Elance makes it easy to hire and manage freelancers online. I have used freelancers from Elance, among other things, to customize my blogs, write articles, program things on my blog and even develop a couple of iPhone apps. I highly recommend this one, especially if you are pressed for time.
- 99Designs: Need a logo? Business cards? A webpage? An icon? If you do (I’m sure you do!) then you have to try 99Designs. Just about every logo or graphic that I have ever needed designed has come from 99Designs. Their prices are affordable and the best thing is that you get multiple designers bidding on your projects, so you get to see many different variations of your design.
- Aweber: This is my ‘go-to’ email subscriber/email marketing service. I use Aweber to manage all of my email subscriber lists and to send out newsletters or broadcast emails. They have great customer service and amazing tutorials. The service is as easy to use as “drag and drop”.
- ScreenFlow: Tons of people ask me exactly how I record my interview videos like the ones on this site. I have been using Screenflow together with Skype and ecamm call recorder, for years on my Mac to record these videos. It is very easy to use and the software even lets you upload the videos to YouTube, Vimeo and other services automatically.
- CorpNet: Make it legit! CorpNet is the fastest and least expensive way to incorporate your new business, trademark your idea or draft up your legal documents. Their process is very detailed, quick and inexpensive. Most of my companies have been incorporated through CorpNet.
- Grasshopper.com: Grasshopper.com is the secret to sounding like a Fortune 500 company. Works with your cell phone, Skype or any other number, but creates a front-end phone system that rivals that of the big guys!
Course & Training Programs That Deliver Results
- How To Get Corporate Sponsors: Linda Hollander is an expert in securing corporate sponsors. She is my coach and consultant when it comes to all things related to getting corporate sponsors and making sponsorship deals. If you are interested in finding out how to get money from sponsors, Linda will show you the way.
- How To Start A Blog That Matters: Corbett Barr teaches you the exact formula he uses to help clients launch or grow blogs that attract from 10,000 to 100,000+ visitors per month (including Live Your Legend, Man Vs. Debt, Primer Magazine and The Possibility of Today).
- How To Publish Your Book On Kindle: When I decided to write my first book, Life After Corporate, I didn’t even have a clue as to how I would publish it. Then I found this incredible course by Cathy Presland. I owe Cathy a lot of credit for not only helping me publish my book, but also helping it to get on the bestseller list. You will not find and easier and more thorough course out there.
- Create Awesome Interviews: If you are looking for a way to establish yourself as a market leader, having your own web show helps. These are the EXACT strategies David Garland used to grow his show, The Rise To The Top, from 0-to-250,000 viewers, 0-to-6-figures-plus in PROFIT, land A-list guests for amazing interviews (despite having zero credibility when he started) and much more.
- Facebook Influence: This is one of the best Facebook marketing courses out there. After perfecting social media with success guru Tony Robbins and dozens of other high profile clients, Amy Porterfield reveals how by using just a few simple strategies, you can get tons of fans to your Facebook page, get them to like it, and turn them into engaged buyers!
- How To Create iPhone Apps With No Programming Experience: Discover how to create iPhone and iPad apps easily with no programming experience. Learn from some of the top iPhone app developers to get your app created quickly. This is the same program I used to inform myself when I started my app development company.